Thursday, December 8, 2011

Minty Coffee-Infused Protein Shake



Camera phone = bad photos
My good friend, truth be told best friend from grad school, A, and I took our capstone lunch breaks on the lawn of our very expensive private college. There was a serious heat wave (at least for the Northeast) that summer, and we'd sit under the biggest tree we could find, even if it meant fighting off tent caterpillars the enter hour we were out there. (If you don't know about tent caterpillars, you aren't missing much; I will spare you the details.)

We ate light lunches we packed from home: turkey sandwiches, fruit, caffeine, simple stuff. Sometimes A would crack me up and bring just a 99-cent bag of chips and a coke. She'd often finish her "meal" by telling me: "Alright. I'm going to turn the bag up now."

That was her way of saying her flavored corn chips were so dang good she was going to tilt her had back and get every last crumb she could.

I miss those special moments, A.
So in true lady-like fashion, I turned the blender up this morning. Not all of my smoothie fit into my glass. I had to do it!

And then, because the husband wasn't around to judge me for eating sweets before 6:30 in the morning, I topped my shake with a squirt of whipped cream. And since Stella wasn't around to see, I let Chance tilt his head back and get a little shot of cream topping in his mouth.

Minty Coffee-Infused Protein Shake
1/2 cup peppermint-mocha Godiva coffee
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop cookies 'n' cream protein poweder
2 ice cubes
1 tablespoon whipped cream, if you so desire

Pour the liquid ingredients into the blender. Add in the protein powder and blend for about 30 seconds. Add the ice cubes and blend until smooth.

Pour your shake into your favorite glass, remembering to turn the blender up if it doesn't all fit into your glass. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!



Please note this post is part of a Foodbuzz Tastemaker program with Godiva Coffee. I was sent coupons so I could buy Godiva coffee and share my honest opinion with you. 

1 comment:

  1. Yummy shake. And I think you should always turn up the blender to get the last of such a tasty treat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...