Thursday, December 1, 2011

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Protein Balls

chocolate protein balls

Happy end of fall, y'all! I know, I know, we have another 21 days until the first day of winter, but this is my most favorite time of year. I can now wear turtleneck sweaters and socks with snowflakes on them without feeling silly. The husband will let me listen to Christmas music (so long as I choose a Pandora station he doesn't mind, like Trans Siberian Orchestra). And spending afternoons in my craft room making gifts for our friends and family - or trolling the Internet for ideas for gifts I can make - is totally acceptable.



Oh the things I could do with unlimited funds for those Saturday morning runs to the hobby store. 

But funds aren't unlimited, and sometimes that means pinching a few pennies now and then so we can spend all the money we want on flat-rate boxes (so we can send my homemade goods north!). 

Perhaps that's why the husband and I have yet to go grocery shopping, even though we're down to one rotten banana on the counter, string cheese in the fridge and nothing but frozen fish in the freezer. 




Thank God for peanut butter.


When there's just about nothing left to eat in the house, you end up doing things like mixing peanut butter and protein powder - and putting it in the freezer. That's right: Stir together 2 tablespoons natural (creamy or chunky) peanut butter and about 1/2 scoop protein powder in a small bowl (slowly adding the powder to the peanut butter - you may not even need half a scoop). Roll the mixture into balls, freeze 'em for at least 30 minutes and you've got chocolate-peanut butter protein balls.



Enjoy them with a fork or a spoon while you dream of the gifts you'll be giving this season, and go food shopping tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. Thank God for peanut butter, indeed. Oh thank him long for peanut butter.

    And heck with all the protein.

    Here's my favorite recipe:

    - Grab the jar of peanut butter.
    Smell it.
    - Let the smell totally overpower you.
    - Grab a tablespoon (yes, tablespoon -- teaspoons are for wimps here).
    - Go deep into the jar and get a good scoop.
    - Eat peanut butter.
    - Repeat as necessary.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...