Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's a Dutch Oven Sunday

It may sound silly, but there's something about Sunday that makes me want to pull out the Dutch oven. I don't know, maybe it has something to do with my momma boiling a bit pot of gravy on Sunday afternoon, but whatever it is, I'm always looking for an excuse to pull my very heavy Dutch oven off the shelf - or asking the husband to! - and warming it low and slow on a Sunday afternoon.


So, you can only imagine my excitement when the husband told me on our regular Sunday-morning grocery trip that he'd like white chili for dinner. I know, it's December, and we should be used to the cold, seeing as how we are "Norhterners." But it has been COLD the last couple of days, and I could think of nothing better than a big bowl of chili to warm us up on this 35-degree day.


Ellie's White Chili

The dish smelled amazing while it was cooking and the husband and I were full after dinner, but neither of us thought it was that amazing. For that reason, I'm not going to post the recipe. But it was a healthy, filling dish - made with ground turkey, 99% fat free chicken broth, corn and not a whole lot else - but it was just lacking that "wow" factor. It turned out to be a lot more like soup than chili. 

Oh, well. I'm not going to consider this dinner a loss. I'm just not going to consider it a home run, either. Apparently my search for a white chili continues ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...