Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Time for a Coffeecake Break

homemade buttermilk coffeecake
Momma's Jam-Swirl Coffeecake
My grandfather was a carpenter. The smell of sawdust still makes me think of him and my grandparents' garage - and taking Saturday-morning rides in his blazer to the dump. Oh, how excited my cousins and I would get when Pa would give us our very own bags of garbage to throw into the big hole in the ground at the dump.


What's that nonsense have to do with food - or coffeecake, for that matter? Carpenters stop for coffee break. At least, Pa always had midmorning snack, and my father-in-law's a good one for coffee break. (Yes, he's a carpenter, too.)


And today I'm guest rambling over at The Country Cook's fabulous blog. So if you're interested in a good ol' coffeecake recipe from my momma, my Pa's fourth daughter, head over to The Country Cook's corner of the Internet and show her space some love. And then go hug a carpenter, or your grandpa or any hard-working man in your life who loves coffeecake.


5 comments:

  1. That cake looks delicious! I'll be sure to check out your guest blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great guest post...and sweet memories fo your grandfather! So nice to find your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, ladies! Yes, we LOVE this cake in our family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is loving this recipe. Love all the memories attached to it as well! Thank you again for sharing such a special treat over at my place!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...