Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy National Peanut Butter Day

Pin It

The first spoonful from a brand-new container of natural p.b. is a bit runny, but still great!
Just in case you were wondering, my three favorite things in life are the husband, brown dogs and peanut butter.

OK, I kid. Surely our parents, grandparents and my Big Little Brother - and black and silver dogs - rank above p.b. But I'd be lying if I said this all-important food source isn't on my top 10 of must-haves. (That's right: I said food source. The fact that peanut butter can be sandwiched between slices of bread, blended into a smoothie, made into cookies, licked off a spoon, or eaten with fruit, chicken or chocolate and more proves my point. Silly you for thinking peanut butter is just a spread!)

So how did I not know it was National Peanut Butter Day until this afternoon? True story. I had no idea everyone was celebrating this beloved staple of mine until Momma emailed me the news.

By that time I'd already planned dinner - open-face chicken sandwiches topped with provolone and roasted red peppers - so there was no chance I'd be working p.b. into our nightly meal. But an after-dinner snack? Now that was something I could do.

And then when I got home the husband suggested we go out for dinner and use up the remainder of a gift card I've been carrying around in m wallet. The chicken I'd taken out was still frozen, he told me, which was basically all he had to say to get me out of the house. Well, that and, "You can have steak and ribs for dinner!"


When I told the husband it was National Peanut Butter Day and I was worried I wouldn't have room for an after-dinner snack (how could I let this special day slip by without having any p.b.?), we just looked at each other.


"There's always room for p.b."


So, tell me: What's your favorite way to eat peanut butter?

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know it was national peanut butter day! Awesome!! I have yet to try the natural peanut butter. Ill pick it up and stare at the jar deciding what to do, then I put it back and grab the regular! Ha its happened many times! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The husband thinks my natural peanut butter is gross, but I think you just need some time to get used to it. It's good! Well, maybe I just think it's good because I know it's so much better for you than the regular stuff. Oh, well. Ha.

      Delete
  2. The question should be, what way don't you like eating peanut butter? :)

    I don't have a favorite.

    But oh do I love peanut butter.

    Oh so much.

    So, so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know my favorite way...chunky on a spoon dipped in semi-sweet chocolate chips. Instant candy bar!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...