Thursday, December 22, 2011

Freestyle Friday: Cookie Jar Mixes

cookie mixes in jars

*Sometimes there's a little more to my life than food. Friday's the day I'll share, I mean, most Fridays I hope to share those bits with you. We'll cover crafts, music, travel, who knows.

The Christmas countdown is officially on. Only two sleeps until Santa Paws arrives, and I am happy to say we're ready. I know the husband has my presents wrapped and hidden away in the guest closet. (Every night I want a sweatshirt I have to ask him to pick one out for me, since I'm not allowed in there!) And I have the husband's gifts tagged (To: the man of my dreams From: his beautiful wife) and ready to stick under the tree. I'm also happy to report we wrapped and shipped all of the gifts we needed to send to family miles and miles away - some have even received their packages already. (Sorry to those of you who won't be seeing your gifts until after the big day. We tried.)

For those of you who have had your shopping done since Black Friday, I know my accomplishments sound like small potatoes. But I'm feeling quite efficient right about now. So efficient, in fact, that the husband keeps asking what we're going to do tomorrow on our day off. 

We don't have any shopping left to do - thank God. I think tomorrow afternoon sounds like prime time for a good Christmas flick. 

How about you? Are your stockings hung by the chimney with care, or are you still baking Santa's cookies and worrying you've forgotten to get a gift for someone on your list?

If you find yourself in the latter boat, here's a quick and easy way to redeem some of your sanity: cookie mix jars. You most likely have all of the ingredients in your pantry, they take minutes to put together and recipients will love 'em. Seriously, who doesn't love cookies? People you shouldn't be friends with, that's who.

Chocolate chip cookies make just about everyone's holiday happy:
Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar From Christmas-Cookies.com

I know chocolate and peanut butter always make me happy:
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookies in a Jar From Cravings of a Lunatic

Cinnamon and sugar is a nice alternative for those (crazy people) not in love with chocolate:
Snickerdoodle Mix in a Jar From AllRecipes.com

And for those who want to pretend cookies are healthy, throw in some oatmeal:
Cowboy Cookie Mix in a Jar From the Comfort of Cooking


2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea. Maybe I should make one more present for my mother-in-law...;-)
    Have a wonderful holiday season!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...