Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Hot Meal Courtesy of the Husband


I knew what the husband got me for Christmas. We share a bank account. It can be hard to keep large secrets from one another. So come Christmas Eve I couldn't take it a second longer. About an afternoon of the puppy dog look later, the husband gave in and let me have my new camera. I gave him an iTouch.

The husband and I haven't talked since. Well, not much. Words With Friends doesn't count as talking. 

But I did ask him to make dinner tonight. So after I made him cannoli ...


... and monkey bread ...


... and I'd say I made him the cod salad on Christmas Eve, but that was purely for my own homesick heart ...


... I made English muffin bread with no one but him in mind.


So I was looking forward to dinner tonight. He was going to treat me. And then I walked in the house to him saying: "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." 

The husband made something like a chicken-taco casserole. It was a unique idea, and the house smelled great when I walked in the door, so I didn't understand his apology. And then he told me, "I kind of used a whole can of jalapenos."

Needless to say, I ate a lot of nonfat Greek yogurt with dinner. And I've been having a dance party with my headphones on ever since. Maybe we'll talk again tomorrow. Maybe not. It looks like we'll be having leftovers.



3 comments:

  1. Yahoo on the new camera! You need to take a picture of it to show us.

    A whole jar? Wow. I couldn't have gone near it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told him his little accident wasn't going to get him out of ever making dinner again. Tonight he admitted next time he'll use only a quarter of a jar of jalapenos. Ohmygosh my mouth is still hot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...