Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tackling the Laundry Room Part II ... Oh, and Super Bowl Food

Pin It
After: It-Makes-My-Dreams-Come-True Red Laundry Room
The laundry organizer has finally been removed from the middle of my kitchen. Woo hoo! True, I painted only one wall of the laundry room, and it's not even a very big wall. But we had a lot of rearranging to do to get to that wall, and that meant a big mess in the laundry room and kitchen for the last two days.

I'm happy to say, though, that by 2:30 this afternoon the laundry room was put back together. My kitchen no longer looked like a disaster area, and I was able to do a little cooking without the frustration of having to work around the laundry sorter.


I don't think I could be happier about the color of the laundry room wall, either. I've been dying to paint something red for quite a while, and this is exactly what I wanted. The husband likes it, and Chance and Stella seem to approve, too.


Or maybe they just wanted cookies out of the cupboard above the washer. 

Yeah, that was probably it. After seeing the husband and I sat down at the table to play some cards and enjoy a few snacks this afternoon, the furkids were most definitely just jealous and looking for a snack.



I made Frank's Buffalo Chicken Dip, and I wish I could say that we had lots and lots of company that helped us eat a majority of the casserole dish, but that simply wasn't the case. The husband and I just about killed it all - all by ourselves. (And for the record, I did not use canned chicken as the recipe suggested. I used two cups of cooked and shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts. Not at all hard to do and totally worth the extra effort to avoid the ick factor I associate with canned chicken.)


We also snacked on some chicken tenders coated in jerk seasoning and baked to perfection. I had a little blue cheese on the side; the husband ate his with a little ranch. The ones we ate were great, but the best part? I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

Now after being far too productive this weekend, it's time to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...