Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Keepin' Things Light and Easy With Alfredo Pasta Sauce

Some nights just call for super-easy dinners that don't require standing at the stove whisking milk and cheese until it turns into sauce. Some nights, all I want to do is throw a few ingredients together in a casserole dish, eat a hot dinner and not worry about the dishes.

Chicken, mushrooms, Alfredo sauce from a jar and a little sprinkle of mozzarella on top can make me a happy girl.



And on nights like that, the husband is content to eat a pre-made pizza crust. He'll happily pile it with chicken, Alfredo sauce, pepperoni, cheese and more cheese. He especially likes it when I let him put whatever he wants on top. (Translation: I don't make him eat any vegetables.) 


It's even better when the simple dinners I'm able to serve the husband aren't filled with a ton of fat and calories - and still taste good. This all sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? That's exactly what I thought when I received a jar of Classico Light Creamy Alfredo Pasta Sauce as part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program.


I was pretty confident I'd like the sauce, but the husband can often smell "chick food," as he likes to call it, from a mile away, and I wasn't so sure he'd be in love with the stuff. But - surprise, surprise! - he was a huge fan. I ate it with chicken, he ate it on pizza, he ate it on pasta. The flavor was comparable to anything I've ever slaved over at the stovetop for 20-plus minutes. It was creamy, flavorful and not full of fat. It has only 60 calories, 5 grams of fat and 3 grams of carbs per 1/4 cup. (And if you don't think 1/4 cup sounds like a lot, it's totally enough.)

We couldn't find anything to complain about with the dishes we made with this Classico sauce. Our dinners were tasty, filling and even a little healthy. We didn't have a ton of dishes to take care of after dinner, either. 

In fact, after we paired a couple of ingredients together one Friday evening and made ourselves a hot dinner, we tossed our forks and plates in the dishwasher, and went to concert - no saucepans, whisks or measuring cups to worry about.

Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds

Easy, healthy, tasty meals, good friends and good music: Some nights are all about just being happy. 


Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds

Please note this post is part of a Foodbuzz Tastemaker program with Classico. I was sent a free sample so I could share my honest opinion with you. 

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...