Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bake Sale Dilemma - Help!


Momma always made lemon bars for Little Big Brother to take to bake sales, you know, back in the day when he wasn't a cool college kid. (Do they say "frosh" in college, Little Big Brother?) I've never actually eaten one of her lemon bars, but they were frequently requested, so they must be good. Strangely enough, lemon bars came up in conversation just a couple of weeks ago when the world's best mother-in-law told me she was supposed to make them for L & K's rehearsal dinner. Lemon bars aren't her apple bread, if you know what I mean. (My apologies if y'all didn't know she actually paid Grandma to make them for her.)

We're having a bake sale at work Monday, and I'm a little like Momma S. I know won't be making lemon bars.

But I have no idea what I will be baking. Help.

I'm considering:

  • Oatmeal Cookies or Oatmeal-Apple Cookies (probably with raisins because that's what the husband wants)
  • Pumpkin-Spice Coffee Brownies
  • Oatmeal Bread
  • Aunt Caroline's Jam-Thumbprint Cookies

What do you think will be a best-seller? I promise to share the recipe to whichever baked good I make.

2 comments:

  1. I vote oatmeal-apple cookies.

    Well, peanut butter cookies always sell. Especially when shipped to the P.J. Upstate New York bake sale. Just saying. ;)

    But the oatmeal-apple cookies sound fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the oatmeal cookies were the clear winner. So I made no less than two recipes for a total of about five dozen cookies. THEY WERE ALL FLAT. Needless to say, I won't be sharing the experience with you! I was so angry. SO. ANGRY.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...