Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Reuben Casserole


I made just about the easiest dinner ever last night. It was super simple to throw together, which was great because I came home late after a long meeting at work, and it tasted pretty darn good, too, another plus because I was starving.

Even the husband agreed that dinner, though it sounded a little strange to him at first, was good. I toasted and buttered bread for the husband and made him a reuben sandwich from this dish, but I ate mine straight from the casserole. Mmmmm. Corned beef, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese, hot out of the oven in 25 minutes? I'm not sure it gets better than that after a long, long day at the office.


Reuben Casserole

Serves 2

1/2 lb. corned beef from the deli, sliced thin

4 Tbs. sauerkraut
2 slices low-fat Swiss cheese

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. 


Spread the meat evenly across the bottom of the dish. Layer the sauerkraut on top of the meat and top with cheese. 


Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and, if you like, starting to brown. Serve on a sandwich or eat with a fork. You may even want to serve with dressing.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...